Submissions for MIM 2013 will open mid-year. So get those films ready, Melbourne, and check back for updates.
Made In Melbourne has a competition component on opening night, Best Film, to be judged by the audience. The top three films will be awarded trophies and win fantastic prizes. Then we do it again on the closing night, with the top film taking home the door money. At MIM we value interaction, participation, and above all, fun!
Terms and Conditions
- Filmmakers must be residents of Melbourne or Victoria. Alternatively, the majority of the film must have been shot and completed in Melbourne or Victoria.
- The film must be under 20 minutes.
- All genres are eligible for entry.
- Films do not have to be recent. They just have to be 'Melbourne'. However, if you previously entered the Made In Melbourne Film Festival, please do not send us the same film again!
- Filmmakers grant the Made in Melbourne Film Festival the right to exhibit the film in the Made in Melbourne Film Festival and use its images for promotional purposes.
- It is the responsibility of the filmmaker to ensure that they have obtained all necessary permissions to enter their film into the Made In Melbourne Film Festival and that the film does not infringe the rights, including copyright, of any third party.
- Entries must be postmarked no later than Friday October 5th. DVDs or high-quality .mov or .avi files are acceptable. The Festival will email you to confirm your entry has been received.
- If submitting more than one film, separate Entry Forms are required.
- Films sent without an accompanying cheque or money order will not be considered. The entry fee is $20 for the first film submitted, $10 for each additional film. Cheques or money orders are to be addressed to Nexus Production Group. The entry fee is non-refundable.
- By sending your short film it is automatically understood that you have read and accepted these entry conditions.